With the shortage of data scientists in the workforce today, IBM's Big Data University has sponsored the development of a Data Science for High School course (https://bigdatauniversity.com/partner-courses/) to start building interest in Data Science early! Students earn a full credit from the Ministry of Education in Ontario, Canada in a Grade 12 inter-disciplinary course, IDC4U.
In this meetup, we discuss different topics about Data Science for High Schools, starting with a panel.
6:30pm - 7:15pm Panel: Getting started with Data Science for High Schools (5 panelists)
7:15pm - 7:30pm Data Scientist Workbench demo (Polong)
7:30pm - 7:45pm Big Data University (Raul)
7:45pm - 8:00pm Data Science for High School Course (Shingai)
- Shingai Manjengwa, Fireside Analytics (Led the team who developed the Data Science for High School course)
- Murtaza Haider, Ryerson University Associate Professor
- Polong Lin, IBM Canada (Data Scientist)
- Grant Hutchison (Computer Science High School teacher)
- Sacha Noukhovitch (Computer Teacher and founder of the Big Data Challenge for High School Students)
Moderator: Raul Chong