May 24, 2016
Job Description: Data Science Analyst 3 month paid internship with Fireside Analytics
Thank you for your interest in Fireside Analytics Inc., (“Fireside Analytics”).
Fireside Analytics is a pioneering analytics consulting firm. We can offer you a career with diverse and challenging assignments, engaging colleagues, unmatched opportunities for professional growth and achievement, and the satisfaction that comes from helping clients solve their most critical issues. We work with businesses to deliver real value.
Fireside Analytics is driven by its teamwork approach and aims to attract, retain and reward outstanding people. When you come to work with us, you’ll be joining a dynamic and rapidly growing firm. We make your personal and professional growth our business.
- The candidate will be required to assist in the development of Data Science training materials for Fireside Analytics
- Write script in R (and potentially Python)
- Write engagement reports and policy documents
- Mapping processes flows
- Develop, improve and run advanced analytical models and engines
- Assess financial impact of analytical findings
- Setup and monitor automated data feeds into hubs of historical data
- Leverage measurement-focused insights to optimize strategy and program development, as well as define and implement tracking of key performance indicators
- Responsible for the development of quantitative & qualitative analyses for strategic insights and ultimately, recommendations for client marketing and communications efforts
- Lead client presentations and new business pitches specific to primary research, measurement strategy, campaign analysis, content optimization, social and web analytics, monitoring, etc.
- Stay informed on the communications, market research, and marketing analytics industry, including new technologies, methodologies and important new vendors
- Stay informed about client industries including their technologies, products, target markets and competitors
- Work with leadership to help evolve client metrics processes and techniques
- Viewed as strong "team player" and leader
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of the research process from proposal writing and research design, analysis and interpretation of results through to preparation of reports and delivery of presentations
- Masters level degree, completed
- Masters level degree, in progress
- Masters level aspiration, remarkable now
- Portfolio of at least 3 analytics projects or projects with a strong analytics component – must be prepared to discuss projects in interview
- Ability to interpret/transform technology concepts and relay them to different audiences
- Experience in developing and executing long-term strategies and vision
- Strong IT experience coupled with business acumen, including evaluating ROI and Risk Management factors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and, attention to detail required
- Individual requires excellent communication skills with the ability to create technical proposals, business cases, and risk assessments
- Project management skills required
- A demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems, and develop a narrative based on data driven insights
- Experience with the development of research and measurement frameworks based on clearly defined objectives
- Survey development and analysis; including utilizing the latest innovations with digital research methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and translate into a story
- Have an understanding of structuring and executing research including modeling, forecasting, audience segmentation and key driver analysis
- Advanced skills in Office suite, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including strong skills in document and presentation development
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of information into clear concise presentation and plans
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and increase professional knowledge of the largest trends, practices, programs and uses of monitoring, primary research, measurement and analysis
- Ability to collaborate, develop, and implement measurement & tracking strategies
- Contribute to development of best practices for future research strategies
- The internship period is approximately 12 weeks commencing 1st June 2016 and concluding on 31st August 2016.
- The first week of June is a probationary period in which, if Fireside Analytics wishes to terminate the arrangement, they are free to do so with a notice period of one 7 hour business day.
- Recent transcript and
- Cover letter explaining why you are our next exceptional hire to
Only candidates that are being considered for the position will be contacted.
Key Professional Practices
At Fireside Analytics, we treat our client information with the utmost respect and we vigorously protect client confidentiality. Please note that breach, misappropriation or mismanagement of client data will result in immediate termination and potential legal action.
Fireside Analytics is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the team at Fireside Analytics if you have any accessibility needs. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
□ □ □